A scholarship can be any educational benefit given to the students ie, money, material goods, or services. It can do anything like reduce tuition fees, provide free textbooks, etc. The distinction between a scholarship and financial aid is that the student does not need to repay it.
There are several companies that offer scholarships, but they may have specific eligibility criteria. You need to check them before applying. Some other popular scholarships include Universal Service Fund, American Indian College Fund, and Coca-Cola Scholarship Program.
In order to apply for these scholarships, you have to follow the following steps:
- You have to fill out a FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid form and Fin Aid! will guide you through the process.
- Fill out supplemental forms like the CSS Profile (College Scholarship Service) if the college requires such additional forms.
- Get all your transcripts and diplomas translated as they may ask for it.
- Make a list of all the colleges you want to apply to and find out their application deadlines.
- The earlier you can apply, the better because many scholarships have limited funds and there are large numbers of applicants.
- Ask your teachers/ professors to write recommendations for you on college-specific forms.
Visit the websites of individual scholarships and apply online or follow their application procedures.
- A scholarship can be taken in Florida while one is pursuing higher education. There are many scholarship opportunities available at the state level.
Scholarship money is always welcome and if you are smart about applying for the right scholarships, the amount can be quite significant.
The following scholarships in Florida can help you finance your education:
Here Are Some International Scholarships In Florida For Students:
1) Rene Rofe Scholarship:
This scholarship is awarded by the Women’s Executive Council of Palm Beach County to a student who has been admitted to a Florida public college/ university and has a GPA of 3.0 or higher after their first year. The scholarship amount is up to $3,000 and it is available only for two consecutive years.
2) Rotary Club International Scholarship
This scholarship is given by the Rotary Club International Foundation to those students who are studying in Florida and wish to pursue a two-year program in business, technical or vocational courses. The scholarship amount is up to $2,000 and it can be renewed every year.
3) Bay Area Medical Academy Scholarship Program:
This scholarship is offered at the state level by the Bay Area Medical Academy to students who wish to study medicine in Florida. The scholarship amount varies from $1,000 to $10,000 and is awarded to a single student every year.
4) Fulbright Program:
Supports international students and scholars in their academic or professional development to help them increase mutual understanding between the U.S and other countries Participating governments and universities select award winners for this program
5) Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships:
The scholarship is given to about 80 top-tier applicants (out of 200) who are interested in studying the impact American society has on the rest of the world. They will live with a host family and study at one of five Rotary Clubs International Foundation Centers located near different research universities.
6) Marshall Scholarship:
It offers about 10-20 recipients to study in the UK for two years, for their academic achievements, leadership qualities, and their desire to promote international understanding
7) Mitchell Scholarship:
The scholarship is offered by the US-Ireland Alliance for students who are planning to attend a university in Ireland or Northern Ireland, for studying science, technology, economics, humanities, or another discipline
8) Critical Language Scholarship Program:
It awards students who are planning to study for one of the languages included in the program: Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bangla/Bengali, Hindi, Korean and Swahili.
Individual institutions also offer scholarships on a one-time basis or annually depending upon the requirements of the scholarship.
Some of the most common ones include:
University of Florida/FLORIDA State University Scholarship Program / Hillsborough Community College Foundation Scholarship Fund / Private Scholarships for International Students/ The University of Central Florida Scholarship Program / St. Petersburg College Foundation Scholarships / The Polk State College Collegiate High Achievers Scholarship Award. You can find more scholarship opportunities at their website, which is an excellent resource to look for college scholarships.